- Apr 28, 2023
- 0 Comment(s)
Gorgeous Boozy Puddings
We all love a bank holiday 😊 The four day week, the promise of an extra lazy day and enjoying the Sunday evening safe in the knowledge that it’s NOT a school night! With the bonus bank holiday for The King’s Coronation, we’re being treated to three long weekends this May.
It’s a great opportunity to see friends and family, organise a party or BBQ (yes, we’re hoping for some sunshine!) and enjoy spending time together. Whether you’re getting involved with a street party, having a picnic in the park or rolling out the red carpet in your own back garden – we have a classic G&T, fruity V&T and cocktail ideas for you to try.
Our Finders range of spirits takes the best ingredients from around the world - our great tasting, bold and on-trend flavour profiles will allow your imagination to roam free with every sip. For the long weekends this May, we’ve combined these amazing spirits with our favourite desserts to create two gorgeous puddings for the adults to enjoy – easy to make, big on wow-factor and they taste amazing too!
Boozy-Fruity Eton Mess
- 500g of frozen berry mix – allow to defrost
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 150ml Finders Fruits of the Forest Gin
- 500ml double cream
- 4 meringue nests
- Fresh mint leaves for decoration
1. Place the berries in a bowl or dish. Spread the berries in a thin layer and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Pour the gin over the berries and set aside for 10 minutes or so. The longer you leave the berries, the boozier they will be.
2. Meanwhile, whip the cream in a bowl until it starts to thicken. Crush three of the meringue nests and fold them into the whipped cream. Drain the berries and set a few aside for decorating.
3. In serving glasses or bowls, alternate a spoonful of the meringue cream mixture with spoonfuls of the boozy berries to create a layered Eton mess. Crumble the remaining meringue nest over the top. Decorate with a few berries and a few mint leaves. You’re ready to go!
Or our luscious Lemon & Lime Cheesecake made using our Finders Lemon & Lime gin! Find the recipe here.